DULUTH, Ga. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened action in the 2016 AutoTrader.com Collegiate Classic in third place after the first 36 holes of action at the Berkeley Hill Country Club in Duluth, Georgia on Monday.
After firing a 289 to open the day, the Bisons responded to post a 276 to finish at -11.
- The Bisons were led by Mikey Feher, who fired a 65 in the second round to finish ninth. Feher ended the day with a -4, 140 (75-65).
- Eric Ansett and Dawson Armstrong followed just one stroke back of Feher as the duo carded -3, 141s. Ansett opened the day with a 68 before firing a 73 in the second round. Armstrong opened with a 72 before turning in a 69 to end the day.
- Stoney Crouch finished the day tied for 28th behind a +1, 145 (76-69).
- Hunter Howell ended the day tied for 55th with a +5, 149 (74-75).
- Ole Miss sits atop the field at -26 ahead of South Florida, who is 11 strokes back.
- Braden Thornberry from Ole Miss leads the field heading into the final day of action behind a -12, 132 (68-64).
- The third round of action will get underway at 8:05 a.m. from the Peach State.
- Live scoring will be available at: http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=11211