KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – The Lipscomb men’s golf opened action in the East Bay Deli Classic at Kiawah tied for fourth place in the 22-team field at the Turtle Point Golf Course in Kiawah Island, South Carolina.
The Bisons fired a +6, 294 to finish the day tied with Winthrop and host College of Charleston.
- The Bisons were led by Dawson Armstrong and Hunter Howell, who both posted even-par 72s to open the three-day event.
- Eric Ansett and Stoney Crouch both finished three strokes behind Armstrong and Howell with +3, 75s.
- Mikey Feher rounded out the competitors for the Purple and Gold with a +4, 76.
- Tennessee sits atop the leaderboard after the first 18 holes with a -3, 285.
- UT’s Jack Smith played a large role in that with a -4, 68 to lead the field.
- Monday’s action will get underway at 9 a.m. from the Palmetto State.
- Live scoring will be available at: http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=11102