NASHVILLE, Tenn. – On the heels of the team’s first appearance in the NCAA Championship last spring, Lipscomb Director of Golf Will Brewer has added three talented players to his roster for the 2017-18 school year. Signing their National Letters of Intent are Isaac Noh, Linus Samuelsson and Paul Swindell.
“When recruiting classes sign, a coach is hopeful that the student-athletes are talented, of high character, have a strong desire to compete on the highest level and are willing to work toward becoming as good of a student-athlete as they can become,” said Brewer. “I am confident that these three young men possess the DNA to carry on the tradition of excellence with the Lipscomb golf program.
“When you recruit, you never really know how good the class is until later as you experience the class over a period of time. I am very confident this class will become one of the strongest classes we’ve recruited and will continue to carry forward the vision and culture of Lipscomb golf.”
Isaac Noh – 5’8” – 155 lbs – Sydney, Australia – Homebush Boys High School
- Ranked No. 26 in the Australian Junior Rankings
- 2016 Australian Boys Interstate Champion
- 2015 Australian School Boys Team Champion
- 2014 Australian School Boys Team Champion
Notes from Brewer: Swings the club beautifully…mature understanding of his faith and game…tremendous upside potential…high character…loves the game…will grow and do very well in the collegiate game and beyond.
Linus Samuelsson – 5’11” – 145 lbs – Lake Mary, Florida – Lake Mary High School
- Fired a -12, 204 to win the 2016 Florida State Golf Association Junior Championship
- Ranked No. 15th among senior golfers in the state of Florida
- 2015 Florida second-team All-State selection
- Helped lead Lake Mary to the 2014 and 2015 FHSAA Class 3A State Championships
- Ranked 152nd nationally
Notes from Brewer: Linus is a great find, he performs the fundamentals in all areas of the game very well…very disciplined player…excellent short game…has excellent upside potential…will grow and do very well in the college game and beyond.
Paul Swindell – 6’0 – 135 lbs – Franklin, Tennessee – Lipscomb Academy
- 2015 Division I Class A-AA Tennessee Sports Writers Association All-State selection
- Ranked No. 5 among senior golfers in the state of Tennessee
- Ranked 93rd nationally
- Voted most valuable player in the prestigious Tennessee East-West cup matches
- Finished fourth in the 2015 Tennessee Class A-AAA state championship
Notes from Brewer: Paul has very strong desire to compete… mentally disciplined…has an excellent record, specifically the past six months…academically solid… desires is to compete early in his collegiate career…has excellent upside as well…will compete very well through college and beyond.