PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened spring action on Monday with a pair of strong rounds at the TPC Sawgrass Dye’s Valley Course in the 9th-Annual Sea Best Invitational in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
The Bisons carded rounds of 278 and 282 to finish the day at even par in third place behind No. 2 Florida and No. 13 North Carolina.
- Eric Ansett and Dawson Armstrong led the way on Monday in the par-70 event as the duo finished in a tie for 12th at even par. Ansett opened the day with a -2, 68 ahead of a +2, 70 to close the day. Armstrong posted a pair of rounds at even par.
- Mikey Feher finished just Ansett and Armstrong at +2 after shooting a team best round of 67 to round out the afternoon on the course. Feher opened the day with a +5, 75, so he ended the day tied for 19th with a +2, 142.
- Stoney Crouch and Hunter Howell rounded out the competitors for the Bisons as the pair tied for 32nd behind +5, 145’s. Crouch opened the day with a strong -2, 68 before carding a +7, 77. Howell turned in rounds of 72 and 73.
- Florida’s Ryan Orr, who is competing as an individual, sits atop the leaderboard with a -7, 133 (67-77) thanks in part to a hole-in-one on the fifth hole in the second round of the day.
- The final round of the 54-hole event Is slated to get underway at 8:30 a.m. as the top three teams tee off.
- Live scoring is available at http://www.golfstat.com