PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team wrapped up play in the 9th-Annual Sea Best Invitational on Tuesday with a 2nd-place effort finishing only behind No. 2 Florida at the TPC Sawgrass Dye’s Valley Course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
The Bisons finished the 54-hole event ahead of Liberty, Arkansas and No. 13 North Carolina in the top-5. Lipscomb also edged out Tennessee and Florida State as well as ASUN foes North Florida and Jacksonville in the top-10.
- The Bisons fired a final round 284 to finish the event with a +5, 845 (278-283-284) nine strokes back of the Gators, who won the event for the second-straight year.
- Dawson Armstrong led the Bisons surge from third to second on the final day with the tournament low round of 65 to finish in third place and just two strokes off the lead. Armstrong finished the tournament with a -4, 206 (70-71-65) as he sank five birdies over the final 18 holes.
- Eric Ansett just missed a top-10 finish as he tied for 12th with a +3, 213 (68-72-73). Ansett tied for the tournament lead with 41 pars.
- Mikey Feher tied for 20th in the event behind a +6, 216 (75-67-74).
- Stoney Crouch finished one stroke behind Feher with a +7, 217 (68-77-72).
- Hunter Howell rounded out the competitors for the Bisons finishing tied for 45th with a +12, 222 (72-73-77).
- Florida’s Ryan Orr took home medalist honors in the event competing as an individual. Orr posted a -6, 204 (67-66-71) to win the event.
Up next: The Bisons travel from the shores of the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean to compete in the Southwestern Jones Invitational hosted by Pepperdine on Feb. 27-28 in Malibu, California.