WESTLAKE Village, Calif. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened action in the Southwestern Invitational on Monday with a solid effort ending the day tied for fourth with SMU at the North Ranch Country Club in Westlake Village, California.
The second round was suspended due to darkness with the Bisons still on the course from holes 14-16 as a team.
- The Bisons opened the day with a +4, 292 but were -6 under in the second round when play was suspended.
- Stoney Crouch led the way on Monday with a first round -1, 71 and is two under through 15 heading into Tuesday tied for eighth.
- Dawson Armstrong posted a +2, 74 to open play but is -3 in the second round through 16 holes of action in a tie for 14th.
- Mikey Feher also carded a 74 in the first round and is -2 in the second round through 14 holes. That puts him in a tie for 17th.
- After a first round 73, Eric Ansett is +3 through 16 holes and is tied for 31st.
- Jake Dines rounds out the competition for Lipscomb in a tie for 74th after a first-round 80 and is +6 through 16.
- Host Pepperdine is blistering the field at -21 giving the Waves a 15-stroke advantage over USC heading into the final day of action.
- Pepperdine’s Sahith Theegala is a big reason for that lead as he sits atop the leaderboard at -12 through the two rounds of play.