ATHENS, Ga. – Behind an all-around team effort, the Lipscomb men’s golf team claimed the Southern Intercollegiate on Monday beating three top-25 teams at the Athens Country Club in Athens, Georgia.
The Bisons fired a -12, 564 (285-279) to down No. 30 Florida State by three strokes.
“I’m extremely proud of our guys’ effort today, it was pretty awesome,” said Lipscomb director of golf Will Brewer. “We putted the ball really well and processed really well in some challenging conditions. What’s really exciting to me is that I believe we still have even better golf in us that what we showed today.”
- Lipscomb also edged out No. 13 Oklahoma, No. 24 Arkansas and host No. 19 Georgia in the victory.
- The Bisons led the tournament with 43 birdies and posted a 4.02 scoring average on par 4s.
- Eric Ansett led the team behind a -4, 140 (73-67) in a tie for sixth after carding a career best -5, 67 in the final 36 holes.
- Dawson Armstrong and Mikey Feher finished just a stroke back of Eric Ansett with a -3, 141s in a tie for eighth. Armstrong fired rounds of 70 and 71, while Feher posted rounds of 71 and 70.
- Transfer Trevor Gold finished tied for 16th in his first competition for the Bisons with a -1, 143 (72-71).
- Stoney Crouch rounded out the competitors for the Bisons with a +3, 147 (72-75).
- Kennesaw State’s Jake Fendt took home medalist honors with a -7, 137 (68-69).
Up next: The Bisons return to action March 17-19 in the Schenkel Invitational in Statesboro, Georgia.