STATESBORO, Ga. – Led by a six-under 66 by Dawson Armstrong, the Lipscomb men’s golf team finished the first day of action in the 38th Annual Schenkel Invitational on Friday in a tie for third place at the Forest Heights Country Club in Statesboro, Georgia.
- Armstrong birdied four of his last five holes to end the first day of action in the 3-day event atop the leaderboard. The Brentwood, Tennessee native leads Iowa’s Raymond Knoll and Georgia Southern’s Brett Baron by one stroke.
- Trevor Gold ended the day tied for ninth behind a -3, 69.
- Eric Ansett notched a round of even par at 72 in a tie for 29th.
- Mikey Feher finished two strokes behind Ansett in a tie for 46th with a +2, 74.
- Stoney Crouch rounded out the competitors for the Bisons with a +6, 78
- After firing a -7, 281, the Bisons sit just two strokes back of College of Charleston upon completion of the first day of play.
- Live scoring is available at: http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=12405