Men's golf sits in fifth heading into final day of 38th Annual Schenkel Invitational
STATESBORO, Ga. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team finished day two of the 38th Annual Schenkel Invitational in fifth place at the Forest Heights Country Club in Statesboro, Georgia on Saturday.
- The Bisons fired a -1, 287 to sit with an eight under, 588 (281-288) heading into the final day of action in the event.
- After Friday’s round of 66, Dawson Armstrong carded a -2, 70 to end the day tied for third with an eight-under 136 (66-70). He trails leader Brett Barron by three strokes heading into Sunday’s final round.
- Eric Ansett ended the day tied for 22nd with a -1, 143 (72-71).
- Mikey Feher and Trevor Gold both are tied for 33rd with +2, 146s. Feher opened the event with a 74 on Friday before posting an even-par 72 on Saturday. Gold carded a +5, 77 on Saturday after Friday’s round of 69.
- Stoney Crouch finished the day tied for 60th with a +8, 152 (78-74).
- Host Georgia Southern heads into the final day of action with a seven stroke lead over Vanderbilt. The Eagles sit with a -20, 556 (280-276) after notching a 12-under day on Saturday.
- Live scoring is available at: http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=12405