STATESBORO, Ga. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team wrapped up play in the 38th Annual Schenkel Invitational on Sunday tying for eighth place at the Forest Heights Country Club in Statesboro, Georgia.
“It was a tale of two tournaments for us,” said Lipscomb director of golf Will Brewer. “We were obviously on a high after winning Monday’s 36-hole event and very confident. The Schenkel was held at a very interesting golf course with some very trick hole locations and we didn’t handle It well.
“We didn’t putt well and we didn’t process well. Today may have been our worse day of the season and we still have a lot of work to do. I’m still proud of the way the guys fought. They did a great job of never giving up.”
- The Bisons posted a +12, 300 to conclude the 3-day event with a +4, 868 (281-287-300) tying with UAB.
- Dawson Armstrong posted a top-10 finish tying for eighth with a -5, 211 (66-70-75)
- Eric Ansett tied for 29th behind a +2, 218 (72-71-75)
- Mikey Feher finished one stroke behind Ansett with a +3, 219 (74-72-73)
- Trevor Gold tied for 53rd after carding a +9, 225 (69-77-79)
- Stoney Crouch rounded out the competition for the Bisons tying for 65th with a +13, 229 (78-74-77)
- Florida overtook host Georgia Southern on Sunday to claim top team honors with a -18, 846 (282-282-282) downing the Eagles by two strokes.
- Vanderbilt’s Patrick Martin took home medalist honors behind a 12-under, 204 (70-68-66) as he edged out UAB’s R.J. Keur, who finished two strokes back.
Up next: The Bisons head to the Magnolia State April 3-4 for the Old Waverly Collegiate Championship hosted by Mississippi State in West Point, Mississippi.