Ansett leads Bisons on first day of Ryman Hospitality Intercollegiate
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened action in the inaugural Ryman Hospitality Intercollegiate on Monday in first place after 36 holes at the Richland Country Club in Nashville.
- The Bisons opened the two-day event with a +6, 574 (284-290) to hold a one-stroke lead over No. 22 Ole Miss heading into Tuesday’s final day of action.
- Eric Ansett led the way for the Purple and Gold with an even-par, 142 (69-73) to end the day in second place.
- Ansett finished one stroke ahead of Dawson Armstrong and Mikey Feher, who each finished the day at one-over par in a tie for third. Armstrong posted rounds of 72 and 71, while Feher carded rounds of 70 and 73.
- Stoney Crouch finished three strokes behind Armstrong and Feher in a tie for ninth with a +2, 146 (73-73).
- Hunter Howell rounded out the competitors for the Bisons in a tie for 17th behind a +8, 150 (75-75).
- Ole Miss’ Braden Thornberry sits atop the leaderboard heading into the final 18 holes at eight-under after carding a 134 (65-69).
- The Bisons will hit the course starting at 9:30 a.m. from the first tee at Richland.
- Live scoring for the event will be available at http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=11320