BRASELTON, Ga. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team heads to Braselton, Georgia on Sunday in unfamiliar territory as the top-ranked team in the ASUN heading into the 2017 league championship at the Legends Course at the Chateau Elan Golf Club.
The Bisons enter the tournament as the top-ranked team in the event at No. 33 in the Golfstat national rankings and will play as the top seed.
“It means a lot for us to be the No. 1 seed and it gives us some confidence going in, but a ranking is what you have done in the past and we still have something to accomplish this week,” said Lipscomb director of golf Will Brewer. “Hopefully we can compete really well, make some putts and put ourselves in a position to win the championship.
“We have a good feel for the golf course. The greens are usually fast and firm. It’s a course where you have to think and process. You can’t just stand up and rip the ball and go find it. It’s a golf course where you have to manage well.”
- The Bisons won at Chateau Elan to kick off the season in the Bridgestone Match Play.
- Lipscomb looks to build off of the last two championships that saw back-to-back, third-place finishes.
- The two-day event will feature 36 holes on Sunday followed by a final round of 18 on Monday to conclude the championship.
- The Legends Course will play par 72 at 7,032 yards.
- Lipscomb will tee off at 7:35 a.m. on Sunday morning.
- Live scoring will be available at: http://scoring.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=12969