BRASELTON, Ga. – A day after picking up the hardware for ASUN Conference Player of the Year for the second consecutive season, Lipscomb junior Dawson Armstrong proved he was worthy of the honor on Sunday as he led the field at the 2017 ASUN Men’s Golf Championship at Chateau Elan in Braselton, Georgia.
- Armstrong carded a -5, 139 (70-69) to head into the final 18 holes of the 54-hole event with a one-stroke lead over North Florida’s Travis Trace.
- The Bisons head into Monday tied with North Florida for second after putting together a +2, 578 (288-290).
- Lipscomb has a tall hill to climb to try and win the first conference title in school history however as Kennesaw State owns a 10-stroke lead heading into the final round.
- Stoney Crouch finished the first day of action in the top-10 in eighth behind an even-par 144 (73-71).
- Eric Ansett and Mikey Feher both head into Monday tied for 16th with +5, 149’s. Ansett opened the event with a 2-under, 70 before ending the day with a +7, 79, while Feher carded rounds of 75 and 74.
- Trevor Gold rounded out the competitors for the Bisons in a tie for 29th with a +12, 156 (80-76).
- The Bisons will hit the course at 8 a.m. on Monday morning in the Peach State.
- Live scoring will for round three will be available at: http://scoring.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=12969