CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – Firing a -5, 67 on Monday, Lipscomb’s Dawson Armstrong climbed atop the leaderboard at the Golfweek Conference Challenge at the Cedar Rapids Country Club in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The senior opened the day with a bogey on the first hole but then rattled off six birdies on the day, including three of the last four holes to take a one stroke lead into the final 18 holes of action on Tuesday. The Brentwood, Tennessee native owns a -8, 136 (69-67) score through Monday’s action.
- The Bisons head into Tuesday tied for sixth with Eastern Michigan behind a +7, 585 (290-295).
- Armstrong leads the field with 13 birdies after 36 holes of action.
- Eric Ansett ended the day tied for 28th with a +2, 146 (72-74)
- Hunter Howell sits five strokes back of Ansett with a +7, 151 (77-74) that has him tied for 54th.
- Jakes Dines is tied for 65th behind a +10, 154 (73-81).
- Paul Swindell follows Dines by two strokes with a +12, 156 (76-80).
- C. State leads the field after the first 36 holes with a -16, 560 (274-286).
- Day three of action will get underway at 10:15 a.m. for the Bisons.