CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa –The Lipscomb men’s golf team wrapped up action at the Golfweek Conference Challenge at the Cedar Rapids Country Club in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on Tuesday with a 6th-place finish.
The Bisons finished the event with a +7, 871 (290-295-286).
- Entering the day with the lead, Dawson Armstrong slipped to a tie for eighth after posting four bogeys on the final day of action to finish with a -4, 212 (69-67-76).
- Eric Ansett finished the tournament strong with six birdies in the final round for a -3, 69 to put him in a tie for 16th with a -1, 215 (72-74-69).
- Hunter Howell jumped 18 places on the final day of competition behind an even-par, 72 to tie for 36th with a +7, 223 (77-74-72).
- Paul Swindell also posted his best round of the tourney on Tuesday with a +11, 227 (76-80-71) to finish tied for 60th.
- Jake Dines rounded out the competitors for the Bisons with a +12, 228 (73-81-74), just one stroked behind Swindell that led to a tie to 62nd.
Up next: The Bisons travel to the Maui Jim Intercollegiate hosted at the Desert Forrest Golf Club in
Carefree, Ariz., on Sept. 22-24.