SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened action in the Maui Jim Intercollegiate on Friday in a tie for sixth place with No. 7 LSU at the Desert Forest Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Bisons opened the 3-day event with a +5, 293 to end the day tied with the Tigers.
- Lipscomb was led by seniors Dawson Armstrong and Eric Ansett, who both finished the day in a tie for seventh place after carding -1, 71’s.
- Ansett closed the back nine with an eagle on 18 to put him one under.
- Jake Dines finished two strokes back of Armstrong and Ansett with a +1, 73 in a tie for 20th.
- Hunter Howell ended the day tied for 51st with a +6, 78.
- Davis Armstrong rounded out the competitors for the Bisons in 78th with a +24, 96.
- Kent State sits atop the leaderboard with a -7, 281 to start the 54-hole event.
- Gisli Sveinbergsson from Kent State leads the field after carding a -4, 68.
- The Bisons will get the second round underway on Saturday at 10:20 a.m.
- Live scoring will be available at http://www.golfstat.com