SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Propelled by a surge from Dawson Armstrong, the Lipscomb men’s golf team moved up to a tie for third in the second annual Maui Jim Invitational on Saturday at the Desert Forest Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The senior carded a 5-under, 67 to move to six under for the tournament and claim a one-stroke lead heading into the final day of the tournament. The Bisons are tied with No. 7 LSU and No. 21 Arizona State after a -1, 287 moved the squad to four over for the tournament with a 580 (293-287).
- Armstrong used four birdies and an eagle on the par-5, 16th hole to take the lead.
- It marks the second-consecutive event that Armstrong has claimed the lead in the second round heading into the final day.
- Hunter Howell also finished the day under par with a one-under, 71 to put him in a tie for 28th with a +5, 149.
- Eric Ansett heads into the final day tied for 10th after a +1, 73 gave him an even-par, 144 (71-73).
- Jake Dines sits tied for 41st with a +7, 151 (73-78).
- Davis Armstrong posted a +4, 76 to end the day in 77th with a +28, 172 (96-76).
- Kent State and Georgia Tech sit atop the leaderboard at +1, three strokes ahead of the Bisons.
- Round three for Lipscomb will get underway at 9:50 a.m.
- Live stats will be available at http://www.GolfStat.com