HOUSTON, Texas – Led by top-10 performances from Eric Ansett and Dawson Armstrong, the Lipscomb men’s golf team opened the Bayou City Collegiate Classic in Houston, Texas on Monday in second place.
The Bisons posted back-to-back rounds of 285 to finish the day with a -6, 570 in second place just one stroke behind Arkansas State.
- Dawson Armstrong led the way for both Lipscomb and the field as the senior opened the day with a -5, 67 behind five-straight birdies and followed up with a -2, 70.
- Ansett posted identical rounds of 71 sinking four birdies in each round to end the day at -2 in tie for ninth.
- Jake Dines helped lead a surge up the leaderboard for the Bisons in the second round of the day as he carded a 3-under, 69 to follow up a round of 75 to open the day. Dines heads into Tuesday tied for 15th.
- Hunter Howell ended the day tied for 57th behind a +7, 151 (72-79).
- Davis Armstrong rounded out the competitors for the Bisons in a tie for 68th with a +9, 153 (78-75).
- The final 18 holes of action in the “Lone Star State” is slated to begin at 9:30 a.m. for the Purple and Gold.