DULUTH, Ga. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened action in the 2017 Autotrader Collegiate Classic in tie for fourth place after the first day of action on Monday at the Berkeley Hills Country Club in Duluth, Georgia.
The Bisons fired a +12, 588 (297-290) to end 36 holes of action tied with Boston College and Mississippi State.
- Lipscomb was led by Dawson Armstrong, and Hunter Howell who both head into the final day tied for sixth with an even-par 144. The duo fired identical rounds of 73 and 71.
- Davis Armstrong fired a +5, 150 (74-75) to end the day tied for 36th.
- Eric Ansett ended the day one stroke behind Davis Armstrong with a +6, 151 (77-73) in a tie for 41st.
- Jake Dines ended Monday in 89th place with a +16, 160 (80-80).
- Georgia Southern leads the field by 23 strokes at -18.
- Steven Fisk propelled Georgia Southern on the day with a -12, 132 after back-to-back rounds of 66 to lead the field.
- Round three for the Bisons is slated to get underway at 8:05 a.m. on Tuesday morning.