GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened action in the 41st Annual SunTrust Gator Invitational in 14th-place on Saturday at the Mark Bostick Golf Course in Gainesville, Florida.
The Bisons fired a +19, (290-289) to finish four shots ahead of Mississippi State.
Senior Dawson Armstrong led the Purple and Gold with a pair of 68s to shoot -4, 136. He enters the final round on Sunday tied for third with Vanderbilt’s Theo Humphrey and Florida’s Gordon Neale.
- Eric Ansett finished seven shots behind Armstrong at +3, (72-71). He is tied for 39th.
- Connor McKay is tied at 77th after carding 76-75 for a +11.
- Hunter Howell was one shot behind McKay at +12 (77-75), while Paul Swindell rounded out the team of five at +13 (74-79).
- Dowling Armstrong, playing as an individual, is 89th after firing a +18 with a 78 and an 80 on his scorecard.
- South Florida’s Claudio Correa sits atop the leaderboard after 36 holes with a -6, 134 (65-69).
- Vanderbilt (-8) leads host Florida (-7) by one stroke. UCF is in third at -2.
- Sunday’s action will get underway at 8 a.m. from the Sunshine State.
- Live scoring will be available at: http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=14992