SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened action in the Desert Mountain Invitational on Saturday in 11th-place at the Outlaw Course in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The second round was suspended due to darkness with the Bisons still on the course from holes 15-17 as a team.
- The Bisons opened the day with a +15, 305 in round one, and was +16 in the second round when play was suspended.
- Hunter Howell led the way for the Bisons in the opening round with a +2, 74, but was at +8 after 17 holes in round number two. He is tied for 45th.
- Dawson Armstrong fired a +5, 77 on the first 18 holes before darkness suspended his second round at even par through 15. He was three-over par on the front nine, before getting on a role with two birdies and an eagle on the first four holes of round two. He is tied for 28th.
- Paul Swindell is tied for 37th at +7 on the day. He shot +6, 78 in round one, but dropped to +8 with one hole to play in the second round.
- Eric Ansett shot +4, 76 in round one before posting a +7 through 15 holes in round two. He is tied for 49th with three holes to play.
- Davis Armstrong opened with an 88 in the first round and was +9 through 16 holes in round two. He is 69th on the leaderboard.
- No. 44 Kansas is blistering the field at -12 giving the Jayhawks a 10-stroke advantage over No. 34 St. Mary’s (CA) heading into the final day of action.
- Utah’s Blake Tomlinson leads the player field at -7 after carding a -8, 64 in round one. He is one over with one hole to play in round two.
- Follow along at GolfStat.com