NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened action in the 2nd Annual Ryman Hospitality Intercollegiate on Monday tied for second place after 36 holes at the Richland Country Club in Nashville.
The Bisons opened the two-day event with a +12, 580 (290-290) to enter the final round nine strokes behind Rice (+3) heading into Tuesday's final day of action.
Senior Eric Ansett led the way for the Purple and Gold with an even-par, 142 after firing a 70 and 72. He enters the final round in a tie for sixth.
- Ansett finished three strokes ahead of Dawson Armstrong and Hunter Howell, who each finished the day at 3-over par in a tie for 14th. Armstrong carded rounds of 70 and 75, while Howell posted a 75 and 70.
- Linus Samuelsson shot +8, 150 to finished tied for 34th. He recorded a pair of 75s.
- Connor McKay finished one stroke behind Samuelsson with a +9, 151 to tie for 38th. He shot 78-73.
- Lipscomb had two teams in the field with Paul Swindell, Isaac Noh, Davis Armstrong, Dowling Armstrong and Jerry Zhu making up Lipscomb B.
- Swindell is tied for 26th at +7, 149 (78-71), while Noh was two strokes behind in 38th with a 72-79.
- Davis Armstrong shot +12, 154 with rounds of 76-78 to tie for 54th.
- Dowling Armstrong tied for 73rd with an 82 and an 81, while Zhu is 75th behind an 84-80.
- Rice's Mitchell Meissner sits atop the leaderboard heading into the final 18 holes at 6-under after carding a 136 (67-69).
- Mercer's Stanton Schorr made a hole-in-one on the par-3, 11th after birding holes 8-10 in round one.
- The Bisons team B will hit the course starting at 8:09 a.m. from the 10th tee at Richland.
- Lipscomb's team A will tee off hole No. 1 beginning at 9:30 a.m.
- Live scoring for the event will be available at GolfStat.com