WEST POINT, MISS. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened action in the Old Waverly Collegiate Championship at Mississippi State on Monday in sixth place after 36 holes.
The Bisons opened the two-day event with a +14, 590 (291-299) to enter the final round 17 strokes behind first place Ole Miss (+3) heading into Tuesday's final day of action.
Senior Dawson Armstrong led the way for the Purple and Gold with a -3, 141 after firing a 71 and 70. He enters the final round in a tie for second.
- Senior Eric Ansett sits in a tie for 12th after two rounds with a +2, 146 after rounds of 70 and 76 on Monday.
- Senior Hunter Howell and freshman Paul Swindell are among four golfers tied for 45th after Monday. They notched a +9, 153 with Howell scoring 74-79 and Swindell earning 76-77.
- Freshman Linus Samuelsson is currently in a tie for 56th after having posted a +11, 155 and 79-76.
- Ole Miss's Braden Thornberry sits atop the leaderboard heading into the final 18 holes at 6-under after carding a 138 (71-67).
- Armstrong is tied with LSU’s Luis Gagne in second place. Gagne shot 72-69.
- Lipscomb will tee off at 8:30 on Tuesday morning for the final round of play.
- Live scoring for the event will be available at GolfStat.com