WEST POINT, Miss. - The Lipscomb men’s golf team wrapped up regular season action Tuesday with a 5th-place showing at the 2018 Old Waverly Collegiate Championship in West Point, Mississippi.
The Bisons recorded a 288 on the final day after opening the tournament with rounds of 291 and 299 on Monday. Lipscomb’s three-round total of +14, 878 was three strokes ahead of Coastal Carolina who finished sixth.
Senior Dawson Armstrong nearly picked up his third tournament victory of the year after draining four birdies and an eagle on Tuesday to shoot -4, 68. He finished the Championship in second after carding 71-70 on Monday for a three-round total of -7, 209.
Armstrong finished five strokes behind medalist Braden Thornberry of Ole Miss (-12, 204).
- Armstrong notched his fifth top-5 finish and ninth top-10 finish of the season.
- Senior Eric Ansett carded a +5, 221 to tie for 16th. He turned in rounds of 70-76-75.
- Freshman Paul Swindell put together one of his best tournaments of the season to tie for 29th. After firing a 76-77 on day one, he shot an even-par 72 on Tuesday to finish at +9, 225.
- Hunter Howell sandwiched a pair of 74s around a 79 to give him a 37th-place finish at +11, 227.
- Linus Samuelsson climbed eight spots on the final day of action to tie for 46th behind a +13, 229. He improved with each round with a 79, 76 and a 74.
- LSU led the event wire-to-wire, winning by 15 strokes over South Alabama. The Tigers turned in a -11, 277 on the final day to shoot -9, 855 for the weekend. They were the only team to finish under par.
The Bisons will head to Braelton, Georgia this weekend to take part in the ASUN Championship at Chateau Elan. The three-day event with 18 holes each day, begins Sunday April 22nd.