SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened up play at the UTSA Lone Star Invitational at the TPC San Antonio AT&T Oaks Course on Monday with a shortened first day due to a weather delay.
After 18 holes, the Bisons sit in 15th place after shooting a + 37, 325. Tuesday's action will consist of another 18 holes, making the tournament just 36 holes in total after the weather delay.
Sophomore Linus Samuelsson leads the Purple and Gold after day one in a tie for 16th after firing a +2, 74. He recorded three of his four birdies on the day in a four-hole stretch on the back nine.
- Juniors Davis Armstrong and Trevor Gold are among a group of players tied for 57th after the first day. They posted a score of +7, 79. Gold is competing as an individual.
- Senior transfer Eric Gilpin (+13, 85), freshman Austin Aliff (+15, 87), and sophomore Isaac Noh (+16, 88) round out Lipscomb’s participants. The trio finished the day ranked 82nd, 83rd, and 84th.
- UTSA’s Sean Meehan leads the field with a score of -4, 68 heading in the final 18 holes.
- UTSA sits atop the team leaderboard as well with a total score of +1, 289 on their home course., two shots ahead of Arkansas State.
- Live Scoring will be available at GolfStat.com