SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The Lipscomb men’s golf team closed out play at the UTSA/Lone Star Invitational at the TPC San Antonio AT&T Oaks Course on Tuesday with a final round of action.
After a weather delay reduced yesterday’s action to 18 holes, today’s final round of 18 gave the golfers 36 total holes for the Invite.
The Bisons sit in 14th place with a + 7, (295) today to bring their score to +44, 620 (325-295) for the two-day event.
Sophomore Linus Samuelsson led the way for the Purple and Gold, finishing in a three-way tie for fifth place. He shot a -2, 70 on the day to bring his total score to E, 144 (74-70).
- Senior Eric Gilpin and juniors Davis Armstrong and Trevor Gold finished among a group of seven players tied for 63rd with a total of +12, 156. Gilpin shot a -1, 71 for the day, while Armstrong and Gold closed with a score of +5, 77 after tying yesterday as well. Gold was competing as an individual.
- Freshman Austin Aliff (+20, 164), and sophomore Isaac Noh (+26, 170) round out Lipscomb’s participants. Aliff finished in 80th, while Noh placed 84th.
- UTSA’s Sean Meehan and Arkansas State’s Zan Luka Smith tied for the individual title. The duo shot -4, 140 for the tournament.
- UTSA took the team title with a total score of +2, 578 on their home course.
- Next up for Lipscomb will be the Shoal Creek Invitational in Birmingham, Alabama on Sept. 24 and 25.