SHOAL CREEK, Ala. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team closed out action at the 2018 Shoal Creek Invitational Presented by Graeme McDowell on Tuesday against a tough field of competition.
Monday’s action was suspended due to lightning midway through the second round, so the rest of the second round and the entire third round were played starting Tuesday morning at 8.
The Bisons finished the tournament in 14th place with a score of +61, 925 (304-315-306).
Sophomore Linus Samuelsson led the way for Lipscomb in a tie for 43rd. His final score was +9, 225 (73-77-75).
- Freshman Austin Aliff and Senior Eric Gilpin were up next for the Bisons. Aliff placed in a tie for 63rd with a +15, 231 (75-81-75) mark, whole Gilpin tied for 71st at +17, 233 (80-76-77).
- Juniors Davis Armstrong and Jerry Zhu closed out Lipscomb’s five. Armstrong notched a +20, 236 (76-81-79) in a tie for 79th and Zhu finished at 86th with a score of +36, 252 (83-87-82).
- Georgia Southern’s Steven Fisk and North Florida’s Phillip Knowles tied for the individual title with a -6, 210 final score.
- Texas A&M finished atop the team leaderboard with a total score of -8, 856 (288-277-291) with a +3 on the day.
- Next up for Lipscomb will be the N.C. State Wolfpack Intercollegiate, taking place on October 6th and 7th in Raleigh.