|October 21, 2014||1st||2nd||1OT||Final|
|LIP||2:18||Kerridge, Matt (Alvarado, Ivan )|
|UCA||7:36||Bates, Jordan (Montal, Manuel )|
|LIP||78:29||Alvarado, Ivan (Kerridge, Matt )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UCA|
|Shots (on Goal)||18 (8)||20 (7)|
CONWAY, Ark. – The Lipscomb men’s soccer team steps out of conference play Tuesday to wrap up a two-game road swing at Central Arkansas. The match is set for a 5 p.m. start time at Bill Stephens Soccer Complex.
The Bisons (8-3-1, 2-1-1 A-Sun) are fresh off a 1-0 victory against North Florida on Saturday.
Lipscomb got a second-half goal from junior forward Reece Holcombe just past the 55-minute mark. Holcombe was set up from Matt Kerridge before beating the Osprey defense for his second goal of the season.
Freshman goalie Nate Davis recorded three saves in the win and collected his second shutout of the season. He was named the A-Sun Defensive Player of the Week on Monday for his efforts.
Lipscomb and UCA last met in 2013 when the Bears shutout the Bisons 2-0. UCA leads the all-time series 2-1.
Central Arkansas (2-10) enters the game having dropped its last 10 matches after opening the season with back-to-back wins.
The Bears are led offensively by Wes Carson’s two goals. As a team UCA has been outscored 25-6.
Harrison Veith has one shutout in the net for the Bears. Veith has collected 41 saves and allowed 22 goals.
UCA has been outshot 167-88 in shot attempts and 79-36 in corner kicks.
- Lipscomb ended UNF’s shutout streak of 242 minutes Saturday. The Ospreys had not allowed a goal in the month of October until Holcombe’s strike.
- The Bisons are currently third in the league standings with seven points. FGCU and Stetson lead with nine.
- Senior Luke Gearin leads the team and is tied for the A-Sun lead in goals with seven.
- Senior Omar Djabi is the A-Sun’s active career leader in points with 39. Gearin is third with 28.
- Djabi is also the league’s active career leader in assists with 11.
Lipscomb will wrap up its non-conference slate with a first-ever meeting Saturday Oct. 25 at home with Longwood. The game is slated for 6 p.m. at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.