|November 08, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||64:51||Alvarado, Ivan (Kerridge, Joe )|
|LIP||68:12||Chavez, Josue (Alvarado, Ivan )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||JU|
|Shots (on Goal)||15 (5)||10 (2)|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – After winning its last four matches the Lipscomb soccer team has positioned itself to win the Atlantic Sun Conference Saturday at 6 p.m. CT in the regular season finale at Jacksonville.
All the Bisons have to do is win.
This past weekend Lipscomb (11-3-1, 3-1-1 A-Sun) took down Florida Gulf Coast, 2-1, on senior night.
Senior Robbie Johnson scored his first career goal in the 18thminute to put LU up early.
After FGCU tied it up, freshman Ivan Alvarado netted the game-winner in the second half on the way to his first-ever A-Sun Player of the Week honor.
Senior defender Luke Gearin paces the team and ranks second in the league with eight goals. He is just one behind Marvin Schmiege of USC Upstate.
Midfielder Matt Kerridge is tied for third with seven scores.
Nate Davis has been the most effective goalie for Lipscomb this season. The freshman is 9-1-1 between the pipes and ranks third in the conference with a 1.28 goals allowed average while his .712 save percentage is fourth.
The Dolphins (4-11-0, 1-4-0 A-Sun) are currently riding a three-game losing streak. Their last win came at home on Oct. 18 in a 2-0 win over Northern Kentucky. In the three losses, JU has been outscored 4-0.
Lipscomb has its work cut out since Jacksonville needs a win Saturday in order to earn a spot in the conference tournament. To make things even tougher for the Bisons, all four of JU’s wins have come at home.
JU has been outscored 25-15 this season. Just three players have recorded multiple goals for the Dolphins, led by Ejiroghene Mrabure’s four.
- Lipscomb trails in the all-time series, 7-8-1, but it has defeated Jacksonville each of the last three meetings.
- The Bisons and Dolphins met twice in 2013. Lipscomb defeated JU 4-1 in Nashville before taking a 1-0 decision in the A-Sun quarterfinals in Ft. Myers.
- Averaging 2.07 goals per match, Lipscomb ranks 12th nationally.
- Alvarado leads Lipscomb and ranks second in the conference with 7 assists. That is the 17th most in the NCAA.
- Lipscomb has the nation’s fourth-best won-lost percentage at .767.
- As a team the Bisons lead the conference in assists (28) and rank second in goals (31).
- With the win over FGCU, Lipscomb set a school record for wins in a season with 11.
- The current four-game win streak is the longest since 2010.
- The Bisons have outshot their opponents 197-179 and have a slight edge in corner kicks, 64-63.
- The 21 goals allowed are second-fewest in the league. FGCU leads having allowed just 14.
The A-Sun Tournament will be the next stop for Lipscomb. With a win on Saturday the Bisons will gain the No. 1 seed and the right to host the championship in Nashville. The tournament will be played Nov. 12, 14 and 16 with the times and seeding to be announced after this weekend’s matches.