|September 18, 2015||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||Final|
|LIP||0:24||Paynter, Logan (McMahon, Kevin )|
|LIP||59:40||Paynter, Logan (Alvarado, Ivan )|
|GS||74:04||Jeremy Rector (Matt Melton )|
|Stats at a Glance||GS||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||14 (7)||15 (9)|
|September 20, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||IUPUI||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||7 (2)||11 (5)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb Men’s Soccer team returns to action this weekend when it hosts the 8th Annual Hyatt Place Select Lipscomb Invitational at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
Joining the Bisons (1-4) in the four-team field is Belmont, Georgia Southern and IUPUI.
Lipscomb will face off with Georgia Southern at 7 p.m. on Friday before playing IUPUI at 2:30 on Sunday.
A live stream broadcast will feature the Bisons and Eagles on Friday. Live Stats will be available for all four games.
The Purple and Gold enter the weekend on a two-game skid after dropping matches to Campbell (3-2) and Appalachian State (1-0) in the Belmont Invite last weekend.
Scouting Lipscomb’s opponents:
- Georgia Southern comes into the tournament with a record of 1-3, with its most recent outing being a 2-1 loss on the road at South Florida.
- The Bisons and the Eagles have met just one time in the series history with GSU holding the 1-0 edge. In 2011 the Eagles visited Nashville and came away with a 3-1 victory.
- Senior Eric Dinka leads the team with two goals. He has also added an assist for a team-leading five points. Five of his 10 shots on the year have been on target.
- IUPUI enters the weekend still looking for its first win at 0-4-1. It fell 2-1 to Cincinnati on Monday.
- Sunday’s meeting will be the first between the squads in series history.
- Senior defender Clint Hoffar currently leads the team with two goals and five points. Three others have scored one goal.
- Christian Soto and Nick Anderson are tied for the team lead with two assists each.
- Sophomore midfielder Ivan Alvarado is tied for fourth in the Atlantic Sun with two goals and sixth in total points with four.
- Junior keeper Micah Bledsoe is currently second in the conference with 23 saves and third with a .697 saves percentage. His 1.91 goals against average ranks fourth.
- Lipscomb leads the A-Sun with 32 corner kicks this season.
- The Bisons have won the Lipscomb Invite just twice in its seven seasons, including in 2014 after downing Houston Baptist and Memphis.
After its hosting duties this weekend, Lipscomb will head to Mercer on Saturday, Sept. 26 before opening conference play on the 30th at USC Upstate.