|September 02, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|GSU||63:30||Burmeister,Hannes (Hemmings,Max )|
|GSU||77:25||Burmeister,Hannes (Alarape,Rashid )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||GSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||10 (6)||15 (5)|
ATLANTA – The Lipscomb men’s soccer team turns its attention to Georgia State on Friday when the Bisons make the trek east for a 6:30 p.m. matchup at the GSU Soccer Complex.
Lipscomb (2-0) is fresh off season-opening wins over Florida Atlantic and Western Illinois last weekend.
Redshirt sophomore Logan Paynter paced the offense with three goals and assist on the way to earning his first career ASUN Player of the Week honor. He leads the conference in goals and points.
VCU transfer Ivan Sakou added his first Lipscomb goal and assist and ranks second on the team with three points.
Scout Monteith and Kyle Smith also chipped in a goal over the weekend.
Earlier in the week Lipscomb came in ranked third in the first NSCAA Southeast Region Poll of the season while also earning a program-best five votes in the Top-25.
Live stats will be available for the match.
SCOUTING GEORGIA STATE:
The Panthers are 1-1 on the young campaign after falling to Mercer 1-0 last Friday before knocking off Memphis 4-1 in their home opener.
Sophomore midfielder Hannes Burmeister has led the way for GSU offensively. He was named the Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Week on Tuesday after scoring a hat trick in the Panthers drubbing of Memphis. All three of his goal came in the first 20 minutes of action. He leads the team with seven shot attempts.
Max Hemmings scored the only other goal for GSU and Jad Elkhalil has the lone assist.
Georgia State has outshot its opponents 27-23 overall and 14-7 in shots on frame. Its opponents, however, hold a slight 10-7 margin in corner kicks.
- Lipscomb is 2-0 to start the season for the third time in the last four years.
- The Bisons are 0-8 all-time against Georgia State. The last meeting betwee the two schools came in 2014 in the Music City with the Panthers taking a 3-1 decision.
- The six goals scored are tied for the most in its first two matches dating back to 2001.
- Seven different Bisons have been credited with an assist through the first weekend of the season. All of last year, only six Bisons recorded an assist.
- Lipscomb leads the charge with 7-of-18 players in the ASUN who have an assist already this season.
- Paynter has tallied five goals in his last six matches dating back to last season.
- He ranks second nationally with seven points and three goals.
- Seven newcomers have seen the pitch for Lipscomb this season, including four who have drawn a start.
- The Bisons lead the conference with six goals, seven assists and 19 points.
- With two shutouts already this season, Lipscomb is tied with NJIT for tops in the league.
- Paynter and Kyle Smith are tied for second in the ASUN with eight shots this season.
- Lipscomb is outshooting its opponents 23-7, including a 12-4 on-goal advantage. It also has attempted 10 corner kicks compared to just five from the opposition.
Lipscomb continues action Thursday September 8th when it hosts former ASUN member, Mercer, in a 7 p.m. match in Nashville.