|September 28, 2016||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||Final|
|LIP||22:31||CHAVEZ, Josue (INNES, Trystan )|
|UK||69:19||Kaelon Fox (Charlie Reymann )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UK|
|Shots (on Goal)||15 (2)||18 (7)|
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Lipscomb men’s soccer team will step away from ASUN play for a Wednesday night fixture against the Kentucky Wildcats at Wendell & Vickie Bell Soccer Complex.
The Bisons (5-3, 1-1 ASUN) are set to take on the 20th-ranked Wildcats at 6 p.m. in a televised matched on SEC Network+.
LAST TIME OUT:
Lipscomb will be looking to regain its momentum after having a three-game win streak snapped in a 2-1 double-overtime loss to Jacksonville Saturday night. The Bisons took an early lead when Ivan Alvarado planted a penalty kick in the back of the net in the ninth minute.
The Bisons controlled the game for nearly 80 minutes before the Dolphins found an equalizer from inside the six-yard box and sent the match into extra time. Neither team could take advantage in the first overtime, but Jacksonville came out on the attack early in the final extra period and got a goal two minutes in off a corner kick.
When the first RPI rankings of the season were released earlier in the week, the Wildcats found themselves at No. 9 and will enter the match 5-2-1 overall and 1-1 in Conference USA play. They picked up a pair of quality 1-0 decisions last week – against East Tennessee State and No. 21 New Mexico.
UK is 4-0-1 at home this season after winning its last three at The Bell.
Kentucky has scored 10 goals while conceding four this season.
Noah Hutchins paces the team with three goals. With six total points he is tied with Napo Matsoso for the team lead. Matsoso has recorded two goals and two assists.
Six different Wildcats have scored goals and seven have been credited with an assist.
Like Lipscomb’s Micah Bledsoe, Kentucky’s keeper Stuart Ford was named Defensive Player of the Week in his respective conference. Ford notched his fourth and fifth clean sheets of the season last week.
His .0476 goals against average is eighth best in the nation while his .862 save percentage ranks 11th. He has 25 saves while facing 84 shots.
The Wildcats have yet to allow a goal from the run of play this season.
- Lipscomb and Kentucky have never met in the regular season. The two programs did compete in an exhibition match last season that UK won 4-0.
- The Purple and Gold have played stingy defense at the beginning of matches this season and have yet to allow a first-half goal. They are outscoring the opponent 5-0 in the first half and 9-7 in the second half.
- The Bisons are 20th in the nation with a 0.50 shutout percentage.
- Lipscomb’s offense is averaging 1.88 goals per match, which is 39th The team’s 13 total assists rank 48th.
- Logan Paynter leads the team and ranks 35th across Division I with five goals. His 12 total points are 33rd.
- Bledsoe moved into the top-10 in ASUN history with his 14th career shutout against Stetson last week. He leads the conference with four clean sheets this season.
- The senior keeper was named ASUN Defensive Player of the Week after combining for nine saves against the Hatters and Dolphins.
- Nine different players have scored a goal, and nine have been credited with an assist this season for Lipscomb.
- Lipscomb has outshot its opposition 91-71 on the season and controls corner kicks 52-27.
The Bisons return to the pitch for a big conference matchup with North Florida in Jacksonville on Saturday at 6 p.m. The game will be a rematch of the 2015 ASUN Semifinals when the Ospreys beat Lipscomb on a PK with one minute remaining in the second overtime.