|October 08, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||64:30||PAYNTER, Logan (SAKOU, Ivan , ALVARADO, Ivan)|
|LIP||88:53||PAYNTER, Logan (ALVARADO, Ivan )|
|Stats at a Glance||UPST||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||7 (3)||14 (8)|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s soccer team is set to host USC Upstate Saturday night in ASUN action at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex. Kickoff is slated for 7.
Due to Hurricane Matthew wreaking havoc across the Eastern Seaboard, the Bisons (5-5-1, 1-2-0) and Spartans will be the only conference matchup taking place this weekend, with all other games being postponed.
Lipscomb is winless in its last four matches, going 0-3-1 in the stretch. It fell victim to Memphis earlier this week, 2-0, marking only the second home loss of the season for the Bisons.
Live stats and ASUNTV will be available for the match.
Upstate enters the weekend 3-6 overall and 1-1 in league play. The Spartans have earned wins this season over Presbyterian, Gardner-Webb and Jacksonville.
Upstate knocked off the Dolphins 1-0 last weekend on a Victor Borba Labi goal in the 89th minute.
The Spartans are led offensively by Joel Bunting with seven points on three goals and one assist. Rinaldi Alphonse is just behind with six points on two goals and two assists.
In goal Santiago Restrepo and Davis Smith have split time with each seeing action in five games. The duo has combined to stop 27 balls while allowing 18 goals. They hold a .600 save percentage with two shutouts.
- Lipscomb has now won three straight matches against the Spartans while improving to 7-3 in the all-time series.
- The last time Lipscomb faced a two-match losing streak, they went on to win the next three contests. Lipscomb hosts USC Upstate in Saturday's lone league match.
- The Bisons have been consistent in putting pressure on the opposing team's defenses this season. They lead the ASUN with 68 corner kicks, including eight matches this year with six or more corners won. The Bisons rank third in the league with 16 goals scored.
- Christopher Zappia has started two of the last three Lipscomb matches in net. He has compiled 12 total saves, six in each contest. Micah Bledsoe, Lipscomb's regular starting keeper, has produced 31 total saves for the Bisons.
- Ivan Alvarado (30) is second, Josue Chavez (25) is fifth and Logan Paynter (24) is sixth on the ASUN active career leaders in points.
- Paynter (11) is third and Alvarado (9) and Chavez (9) are tied for sixth on the active career goals chart.
- Alvarado (12) is the leader in active career assists, while Chavez (7) is tied for third.
Lipscomb returns to host UAB Tuesday night at 5 p.m.