|October 25, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||5:15||PAYNTER, Logan (EAGER, Austin , CHAVEZ, Josue)|
|UE||85:39||Stafford Lacey, J. (Blaydes, Zac , Baum, Trevor)|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UE|
|Shots (on Goal)||9 (3)||8 (4)|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s soccer team hits the road for the final time this season when they travel to Indiana to take on the Evansville Purple Aces Tuesday night at Arad McCutchan Stadium at 7 p.m.
The Bisons (8-5-1) are coming off one of their most impressive victories of the season, a 4-1 drubbing of NJIT on Saturday.
Four different players scored goals to help Lipscomb clinch a berth in the ASUN Conference Championship for the 10th-straight year, the longest active streak in the league.
The win helped the Bisons climb up the RPI rankings, where they now stand at No. 60 – the highest mark of the season. North Florida (24) and Florida Gulf Coast (59) are the only ASUN teams ahead of Lipscomb.
Live stats will be available for the match, but no video stream.
The Purple Aces enter the match 8-6-2 overall on the season and are riding a two-game win streak after downing Belmont and Drake last week.
Evansville has outscored its opponents 25-24 and is averaging 1.56 goals per game.
Junior midfielder Ian McGrath paces the offense with eight goals, three assists and 19 total points. He has put 19 of his 48 shots on frame. Senior forward Jared Robinson is just behind with six goals, three assists and 15 points.
Sophomore forward Zac Blaydes leads the team and ranks 13th in the nation with seven assists. Five of those have come in his last six matches.
Frederik Reimer leads the way between the pipes with five shutouts and a 7-4-1 mark. He has played 1187:45 minutes of action in 13 games with 39 saves. He has allowed 17 goals (1.29 GAA) while facing 147 shots, good enough for a .696 save percentage.
- Lipscomb knocked off Evansville 4-2 last season in Nashville, but still trails the all-time series 3-2-2.
- The Bisons are averaging 6.57 shots on goal per match, the 20th best total in the nation.
- Sophomore Logan Paynter leads the team with eight goals and 19 points. He ranks third in the ASUN in both categories.
- Paynter stands 39th nationally averaging 1.36 points per match.
- Ivan Sakou is second on the squad with five goals and 13 points, where he ranks sixth and fifth in the ASUN.
- Keeper Micah Bledsoe is second on the league with eight wins and five shutouts. He has reeled in 38 saves while only allowing 14 goals against. His 1.13 GAA is third best in the conference.
- 10 different players have recorded an assist this season for Lipscomb while nine have scored a goal.
- The 21 team assists are second most in the league, trailing only FGCU’s 39.
- Lipscomb leads the ASUN with 88 corner kicks – seven more than the next team.
The Bisons return home for the regular season finale Saturday, October 29 where they will host No. 11 Florida Gulf Coast in a 7 p.m. tilt. A pre-game ceremony will take place to recognize the 2016 seniors.