|October 18, 2017||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||11:54||DELANEY, Ihaia (WYNIA, John )|
|UE||41:59||Snow, Adam (Bonano, Sam )|
|LIP||64:34||ALVARADO, Ivan (SMITH, Kyle )|
|Stats at a Glance||UE||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||7 (4)||18 (7)|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Coming off back-to-back wins to right the ship, the Lipscomb men’s soccer team will enter its final non-conference portion of the season brimming with confidence. The Evansville Purple Aces will travel to the Music City to take on the streaking Bisons on Wednesday night at 7p.m. at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
It started with a turn-around performance against Memphis, where Lipscomb beat the Tigers 3-1 in the Blues City. Then three days later, the Bisons returned to Nashville and pitched a shutout against ASUN foe North Florida. The two-game win streak is the first since Sept. 9 and 15 when the Bisons recorded wins against Georgia St. and San Diego.
The game can be followed via live stats.
The Bisons and Aces have met eight times with the series tied at 3-3-2. However, recent history favors Lipscomb with the Bisons having won the matchup the last three years.
Picked to finish second in the Missouri Valley Conference, Evansville came into the season with high expectations. Unfortunately, the season hasn’t played out like the Aces hoped. A 6-6-1 record disguises an 0-3-1 MVC record that has the Aces in last place.
The Purple Aces do bring a high-powered offense into Nashville. With 25 goals in 13 games, Evansville is ranked 25th in the nation in goals per game. Preseason all-American midfielder Ian McGrath leads the Aces with eight goals and four assists. His 20 points is tied for 20th in the nation and his 1.25 points per game is tied for 25th.
Three different keepers have manned the net for Evansville in 2017, but the primary keeper has been Frederik Reimer who has played in nine games and started eight. In those nine games, Reimer has allowed 16 goals and his save percentage sits at .673.
- Lipscomb is getting plenty of set pieces. The Bisons rank first in the ASUN and 13th in the nation in corner kicks per game at 6.38.
- The Bisons are also disciplined, committing only 9.62 fouls per game which ranks 16th in the NCAA.
- Logan Paynter has three game-winning goals this season. That ranks tied for 20th in the NCAA.
- Paynter has scored in each of the last two matches against the Purple Aces. Last season Malik Shaheed also scored, while two years ago Ivan Alvarado and Brandon Braumuller got onto the scoresheet with Paynter.
- Chris Zappia has 54 total saves ranking him 33rd in the country out of 149 qualified goalies.
- A win would give the Bisons a three-game win streak. It would be the first time that Lipscomb reeled off three wins in-a-row since a four-game win streak Oct. 8-25, 2016.
The Bisons will travel to Kentucky for a big nonconference match on Saturday night at 6 p.m.