ATLANTA - Lipscomb's Chris Zappia has been chosen as the first recipient of the 2018 ASUN Men's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week honor, as announced by the league offices on Monday.
Zappia garners his first ASUN weekly accolade after helping guide the Bisons to a 2-0 shutout victory over crosstown rival Belmont on Friday.
The senior keeper was a perfect 2-for-2 on save opportunities on the night, while also picking up his 5th-career shutout as a member of the Bisons en route to being named the Defensive Player of the Week.
The Bisons return to action Mondah when they travel to Columbia, South Carolina to take on the Gamecocks of South Carolina.
Christopher Zappia, Lipscomb
Senior | Goalkeeper | Raleigh, N.C. | Business and Finance
- First Career ASUN Conference Men's Soccer Defensive Player of The Week selection
- Recorded his fifth career shutout in a 2-0 win over Belmont in the Battle of the Boulevard
- Grabbed two saves with a save percentage of 1.000 on the night
- 11th overall ASUN Defensive Player of the Week selection for Lipscomb, the first since Aug. 28, 2017
- Second-straight year, Lipscomb earned the season's first Defensive Player of the Week