|September 01, 2018||1st||2nd||1OT||Final|
|LIP||24:56||PAYNTER, Logan (ZAPATA, Daniel )|
|GSU||87:06||Hemmings, Max (Rosenwald, Frank )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||GSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||10 (5)||19 (9)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb men’s soccer team will look to get back on track Saturday evening when it travels to Atlanta for a matchup with Georgia State.
The Bisons and Panthers are scheduled for a 6 p.m. (CT) kickoff at the GSU Soccer Complex.
Lipscomb is coming off a 2-1 loss at South Carolina on Monday, a match where the Bisons took the lead midway through the first period on Daniel Zapata’s first career goal. The Gamecocks responded with a goal in the 42nd minute on a defensive breakdown at the net by Lipscomb, and another in the 76th minute.
Saturday’s match will provide live stats but no video stream.
SCOUTING GEORGIA STATE:
- The Panthers are aiming to pick up their first win of the season in the home opener after an 0-2 start.
- GSU fell 1-0 at Central Arkansas in the season opener before dropping another 1-0 decision to 9th-ranked Louisville on Tuesday.
- They average 10.0 shots per outing, while its opponents get off 12.0.
- Senior Max Hemmings leads the team with four shots.
- Junior keeper Paul Tyson has seven saves in net.
- Lipscomb started off the season with a win for the third consecutive year as they defeated Battle of the Boulevard rival Belmont 2-0 at home in the season opener.
- For his efforts in the shutout win, senior keeper Chris Zappia earned his first career ASUN Defensive Player of the Week. It was the fifth clean sheet of his career. He posted three shutouts in 2017 after recording a league-leading 11 victories between the pipes.
- The Bisons dropped their first road test of the season 2-1 at South Carolina.
- Senior Javier Leija is the only player to record a point in both matches so far, notching a goal against Belmont and an assist against South Carolina.
- Lipscomb debuted at No. 8 in the USC Region Poll after the season opener.
- The Bisons were tabbed the ASUN preseason favorite and senior Logan Paynter was named the Preseason Player of the Year.
Lipscomb returns home Thursday to host San Diego at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. in a return trip from a home-and-home deal that saw the Bisons travel to San Diego for a 3-2 overtime victory a season ago.