|September 25, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|UAB||13:46||ROBINSON, DeAndre (WHITE, Blake )|
|UAB||23:13||ROBINSON, DeAndre (MAKINDE, Philip )|
|LIP||89:34||PAYNTER, Logan (DOUGHERTY, Ryan )|
|Stats at a Glance||UAB||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||8 (5)||13 (6)|
NASHVILLE – Lipscomb men’s soccer gets back to action Tuesday for a nonconference tilt against UAB at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Bisons opened ASUN play at Jacksonville Saturday evening with a 3-2 loss in double overtime.
- Lipscomb jumped on top 2-0 in the first half on goals from Louis Robinson and Javier Leija.
- JU answered back with a tally late in the first half and then another less than five minutes into the second period.
- The Dolphins scored the game-winner with 15 seconds remaining in the second overtime with a header from the box.
- Austin Strout, Ben Locke, John Wynia and Robinson each had three shots.
- Keeper Luke Wilson saved seven balls.
- UAB owns the all-time series lead 3-1-1 after the teams played to a 1-1 draw in Birmingham last season.
- Lipscomb won the last meeting in Nashville, 1-0, in 2016. Ivan Sakou scored the winner, with assists coming from Logan Paynter and Wynia.
- The Blazers enter the midweek matchup 1-5-2 overall and 0-2-1 in Conference USA action.
- They have drawn Memphis and Marshall by a 1-1 score in each of their previous two outings.
- UAB has been outscored 12-7 on the year despite outshooting its opponents 107-102.
- Philip Makinde leads the team with two goals and four points.
- Deandre Robinson and Gael Mabiala are next on the squad with three points (1g, 1a).
- James Teal and Seth Torman have split time in goal
- Lipscomb brings a 1-6 overall mark into the meeting after having lost six straight.
- The Bisons have been outscored 14-9, but they have controlled the corner game 51-38.
- 10 of the 14 goals surrendered have come after halftime.
- Leija leads the team with six points. He is tied with Paynter and Birchfield for the team lead in goals with two.
- Six players have scored goals for the Bisons.
- Luke Wilson has gotten the start in frame the last two matches. He came away with 13 saves combined and allowed six goals.
- Chris Zappia earned the ASUN’s first Defensive Player of the Week honor in 2018 after his 5th-career shutout against Belmont in the season opener where he also collected a pair of saves.
- Lipscomb landed Paynter and Austin Eager on the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team.
- The Purple and Gold were picked to win the league in the preseason coaches poll. They received 42 points, including four 1st-place votes. FGCU was second with 41 and one.
Lipscomb will get back to conference action Saturday when it hosts FGCU at 7 p.m.