|September 29, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||6:26||LOCKE, Ben (WYNIA, John , MUHLBAUER, Daniel)|
|FGCU||34:51||CLEMENT, Chris (ADAMS, Shak )|
|LIP||76:11||BIRCHFIELD, Ryan (WYNIA, John )|
|LIP||81:48||ZAPATA, Daniel (LOCKE, Ben )|
|Stats at a Glance||FGCU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||9 (3)||13 (9)|
NASHVILLE – In a season full of ups and downs, the Lipscomb men’s soccer team is looking to reverse its fortunes Saturday night against one of the top programs in the ASUN Conference, Florida Gulf Coast.
The Bisons and Eagles will get together at 7 p.m. at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex in a match that will be streamed on Facebook Live. There will also be Live Stats available for those unable to make it out.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Bisons dropped a 3-1 decision to UAB on Tuesday.
- The Blazers scored the first three goals before Logan Paynter headed one in for Lipscomb with 26 seconds to play.
- Austin Strout led the team with four shots.
- Keeper Luke Wilson saved a pair of shots in the defeat.
- FGCU leads the all-time series lead, 9-4-1.
- Nine of the 13 matches have been decided by just a single goal.
- Lipscomb knocked off the Eagles last November in the ASUN Tournament to send them to their first-ever Finals appearance.
- The Bisons got a goal from Ivan Sakou 18 seconds in before Paynter deposited the game-winner in the 71st minute at the FGCU Soccer Complex.
- The Eagles come into the weekend at the top of the league table with a 4-2-1 overall record and a 1-0 mark in league play.
- FGCU ranks second in the conference with 13 goals scored and 12 assists. They lead the league with three shutouts.
- Shak Adams paces the FGCU offense with five goals, pairing that with three assists.
- Adams’ 13 points stand third in the conference.
- Freshman O’Vonte Mullings is fifth in the ASUN with three goals, and sixth with eight points.
- Keeper Gustavo Vasconcelos, who was named the ASUN’s Defensive Player of the Week on Monday, sits atop the league with 31 saves, an .861 save percentage, a 0.96 GAA all while only allowing five tallies.
- Lipscomb looks to snap a seven-game slide Saturday. The Bisons have dropped five of the seven by a single goal and three of those came in overtime.
- Paynter leads the Bisons with three goals and seven points.
- Keeper Chris Zappia is second in the ASUN with a .758 save percentage and in goals allowed (8), while he is third in saves (25) and GAA (1.59)
- Javier Leija is second on the team with six points (2g, 2a).
- Senior Ryan Birchfield is tied with Leija with a pair of goals, and his five points are third best.
- The Bisons have been outshot 98-97 on the year, and 57-38 in shots on goal.
- Lipscomb landed Paynter and Austin Eager on the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team.
- The Purple and Gold were picked to win the league in the preseason coaches poll. They received 42 points, including four 1st-place votes. FGCU was second with 41 and one.
Lipscomb will hit the road for four of its next five matches. The Bisons get a week’s rest before making the trip to North Florida on Saturday, Oct. 6 for a 6 p.m. match.