|October 06, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|UNF||35:03||Lj Estes (Nick Burgess )|
|LIPSCOMB||42:12||John Wynia (Jake Zec )|
|LIPSCOMB||71:52||Zarek Jakubowski (Noah Gulden )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIPSCOMB||UNF|
|Shots (on Goal)||11 (8)||10 (4)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb men’s soccer team will look to grab three points Saturday night when the Bisons travel to Jacksonville, Florida to take on North Florida in ASUN Conference action.
LAST TIME OUT
- Lipscomb got its biggest win of the season last Saturday in Nashville when the Bisons scored two second-half goals to upend No. 24 FGCU, 3-2.
- The win was their first ASUN victory of the year.
- Ben Locke rocketed in his first goal of the season in the seventh minute.
- In the 77th tick, Ryan Birchfield outworked the Eagles in the box to net the equalizer.
- Freshman Daniel Zapata sealed the victory with a score five minutes later off a perfect feed from Locke 30 yards out.
- Lipscomb outshot FGCU 13-9 overall and 9-3 on target.
- The Ospreys have a slight 8-6-1 edge over the Bisons in the all-time series after winning four of the last five meetings.
- Lipscomb, however, got the better of UNF in 2017 with a 1-0 victory in Nashville when Jonathan Ramirez scored in the 73rd
- North Florida brings a 2-7 overall record and a 1-0 mark in the ASUN into Saturday’s matchup.
- After opening the season 0-6 with only four goals in their favor, the Ospreys have won two of the last three while scoring eight times.
- The Ospreys are in a three-way tie with FGCU and Lipscomb for second in the conference standings with three points. Jacksonville, 2-0 in the ASUN, is on top of the table with six points.
- UNF outlasted Liberty 3-2 on the road in Lynchburg, Virginia last weekend in its ASUN opener after going down two scores in the first 38 minutes.
- Junior Mikey Connell leads the team and ranks fourth in the league with six goals this season. He also paces the squad with a pair of assists to give him 14 points – the fifth most in the ASUN. He has 10 more points than any other Osprey.
- AJ Williams is the only other UNF player to have scored multiple times, with two.
- Keepers Philip D’Amico and Padraic Gilly have split time in net with the former making six starts and the latter making three.
- D’Amico (2-4-0) is third in the league with 28 saves, while Gilley (0-3-0) is tied for the fewest goals allowed at nine.
- Lipscomb is 0-3 on the road this season and will be looking to put together its first win streak of the year.
- The Bisons lead the ASUN with 68 corner kicks. Jacksonville is second with only 47.
- Lipscomb ranks third in the league in shots (110), shots/game (12.2), and shots on goal (47). Its 11 assists and .427 SOG percentage are fourth best.
- Logan Paynter and Birchfield both lead the team and rank eighth in the conference with three goals and seven total points.
- Paynter tops the Bisons with 23 shots and 10 SOG, while Birchfield has handled a team-high 41 corner kicks.
- Zapata and Javier Leija are the only other Bisons to have scored multiple goals (2). Leija is third on the team with six points after also picking up a pair of helpers.
- Nine different players have been credited with an assist this season, led by John Wynia’s three.
- The Bisons’ 2.04 goals per game are the fourth most in the league.
- Keeper Chris Zappia is second in the ASUN in save percentage (.722), fourth in goals against (10) and GAA (1.66), and fifth in total saves (26).
The Bisons stay on the road for a midweek nonconference matchup at Evansville on Tuesday. Kickoff in Evansville, Indiana is slated for 6 p.m.