|October 09, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|UE||63:58||Weber, Ben (Peck, Davis )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UE|
|Shots (on Goal)||12 (5)||12 (4)|
EVANSVILLE, Ind. – A goal in the 64th minute proved the difference in Tuesday’ match between Lipscomb and Evansville as the home standing Purple Aces shutout the Bisons 1-0 under the lights at Arad McCutchan Stadium.
The nonconference loss halts a two-match win streak for Lipscomb and drops its record to 3-8 on the year, while Evansville improves to 2-5-5.
With both sides trading attempts throughout, the Aces were finally able to break through at 63:58 when Davis Peck played a through ball to Ben Weber who deposited his third goal of the season from just outside the box.
The Bisons were unlucky throughout despite putting five of their 12 shots on target. Louis Robinson had one of the best looks of the night in the 53rd minute, but his header pinged off the post.
In the last 7:30 of action, the Purple and Gold earned a pair of corners and attempted three shots – two of which were saved by UE’s Matt Bryant.
Lipscomb and Evansville finished the match with 12 shots each.
- Tuesday’s match marked just the second time this season the Bisons were held scoreless. The other was a 1-0 loss to San Diego on Sept. 6.
- Like they have all season, the Bisons controlled the corner kicks 7-5, pushing their season total to 79.
- Freshmen Zarek Jakubowki and Roy Henderson made their first-career starts in the loss.
- In 62 minutes, Jakubowski tied for the team high with two shots, alongside Ryan Birchfield and Robinson.
- Henderson attempted one shot in 76 minutes.
- Keeper Luke Wilson made his fourth start between the pipes this season. He finished the night with three saves.
The Bisons return home to host ASUN newcomer Liberty next weekend, Oct. 13 at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex. Kickoff between the Bisons and Flames is set for 7 p.m.