|October 13, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||39:15||MUHLBAUER, Daniel (BIRCHFIELD, Ryan )|
|LIP||67:21||PAYNTER, Logan (GULDEN, Noah , MUHLBAUER, Daniel)|
|Stats at a Glance||LIBERTY||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||8 (2)||18 (9)|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s soccer team returns home for the first time in two weeks when they host ASUN newcomer Liberty. The Bisons and Flames are schedule to kick things off at 7 p.m. at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
The outing will also represent the ninth annual Coaches vs. Cancer match for the Bisons.
All gate proceeds will be donated directly to the American Cancer Society to help fund their fight against cancer. Also fans in attendance can buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win a framed Lipscomb soccer jersey at halftime.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Bisons dropped a 1-0 decision at Evansville on Tuesday.
- Evansville broke through with the only score of the match in the 64th
- The match was just the second time this season the Bisons were held without a goal. The other was on Sept. 6 against San Diego (1-0).
- Luke Wilson saved three shots in net.
- Zarek Jakubowski and Roy Henderson made their first collegiate starts.
- This will be the first meeting between the programs all-time.
- The Flames bring to Music City a 5-5-1 overall mark and a 1-2-1 record against league foes.
- Liberty paces the conference in goals (24), shots per game (14.2), shots on goal (76) and assists (20).
- Tresor Mbuyu and Kevin Mendoza are the deadliest tandem in the ASUN with 17 combined goals and 40 total points.
- Mendoza cracked the top-10 in program history for points (69 – 9th) and goals (28-9th). He is tied for second in the conference with eight goals.
- Mbuyu leads the ASUN with nine goals. He also ranks seventh in program history in career points (72), ninth in goals (28) and assists (16).
- Goalkeeper Brogan Engbers is second in the league in GAA (1.48), third in save percentage (.705), fourth in saves (31) and fifth in goals against (13).
- Lipscomb looks to continue its two-match win streak against ASUN foes after downing No. 24 FGCU and North Florida the last two weeks.
- The Bisons lead the ASUN with 79 corner kicks on the year. Liberty is second with 55.
- Lipscomb is fourth in the league in shots (133), goals (15), shots per game (12.1), and in shots on goal (60).
- Logan Paynter and Ryan Birchfield lead the Bisons with three goals and seven points
- Keeper Chris Zappis is second in the ASUN with a .725 save percentage. He also ranks fourth in goals allowed (11) and GAA (1.57).
- John Wynia leads the team and is tied for fourth in the conference with three assists.
- 13 different players have recorded a point for the Purple and Gold this season.
- Paynter tops the Bisons with 25 shots and 11 SOG, while Birchfield has handled
- a team-high 47 corner kicks.
- Daniel Zapata and Javier Leija are the only other Bisons to have scored multiple goals (2). Leija is third on the team with six points after also picking up a pair of helpers.
Lipscomb will hit the road for its final two matches away from home next week. The Bisons will go to Louisville on Tuesday for a 6 p.m. first kick before traveling to NJIT next Saturday.