|October 16, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||42:35||WYNIA, John (PAYNTER, Logan )|
|LOU||52:12||Tate Schmitt (Cameron Wheeler )|
|LIP||58:41||PAYNTER, Logan (JAKUBOWSKI, Zarek )|
|LOU||74:04||Pedro Fonseca (Adam Wilson )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||LOU|
|Shots (on Goal)||7 (5)||14 (8)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb men’s soccer team is slated to open its final road swing of the season with a quick stop Tuesday in the Bluegrass State to play No. 11 Louisville at Dr. Mark and Cindy Lynn Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m.
LAST TIME OUT
- Lipscomb (4-8-0) moved to 3-1 in league play after downing Liberty 3-1 in Nashville Saturday.
- Ryan Birchfield scored his fourth goal of the season and then added an assist later.
- Daniel Muhlbauer netted his first-career goal for the game-winner. Also chipped an assist.
- Logan Paynter tacked on the final goal of the match in the 68th
- The Bisons outshot the Flames 18-8, marking the highest shot output of the season for Lipscomb.
- The Bisons and Cardinals have met only once in the regular season in the series history, with Louisville winning 5-2 in 2008.
- The Bisons did trek to Lynn Stadium last season for an exhibition match, resulting in a 1-0 loss.
- Louisville came in ranked 11th in the most recent United Soccer Coaches Top 25 poll.
- The Cards enter the match 7-2-3 overall on the year after drawing No. 24 Syracuse 2-2 on Friday.
- They are second in the ACC Atlantic and third overall in the league with 11 points and a 3-1-2 mark.
- Cherif Dieye and Adam Wilson lead the team with four goals, including a pair of game-winners each.
- Geoffrey Dee and Tate Schmitt have three goals apiece, while the latter paces the Cardinals with five assists.
- Sophomore keeper Jake Gelnovatch has started nine matches in net, registering three shutouts and a 1.03 GAA.
- The Bisons are tied atop the ASUN standings at 3-1, and they currently hold the tiebreaker over FGCU.
- Lipscomb is 1-4 on the road this season.
- The Bisons lead the ASUN with 83 corner kicks. Liberty is second with 61.
- Lipscomb ranks third in the league in shots on goal (69), total shots (151), shots/game (12.6), SOG percentage (.457) and assists (16).
- Paynter and Birchfield both lead the team and rank eight in the conference with four. Birchfield is also eighth with a team high 10 points, while Paynter is tied for ninth at seven.
- John Wynia moved is tied for fourth in the ASUN with a team high three assists on the year.
- Keeper Chris Zappia ranks third in the conference with a .707 save percentage and goals allowed (12), while his (1.50) GAA is fourth best.
- Daniel Zapata and Javier Leija are the only other Bisons to have scored multiple goals (2). Leija is third on the team with six points after also picking up a pair of helpers.
- 11 different players have been credited with an assist this season, led by Wynia.
- The Bisons’ 1.50 goals per game are the fourth most in the league.
The Bisons go on the road to NJIT this weekend for the final game away from Nashville. The match is scheduled for a 3 p.m. kickoff in Newark, New Jersey.