|October 23, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|MEM||63:43||ROBERTS, Ben (IERIDES, Alexandros )|
|Stats at a Glance||MEM||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||12 (7)||8 (2)|
NASHVILLE – Coming off a perfect week on the road, the Lipscomb men’s soccer team returns to Music City for the home stretch of the regular season.
With just two games remaining on the schedule, the Bisons will welcome Memphis at 7 p.m. Tuesday to the Lipscomb Soccer Complex for the final nonconference match of the season.
The Bisons (6-8, 4-1 ASUN) were road warriors last week with a 3-2 victory against #10 Louisville on Tuesday before knocking off NJIT 2-1 on Saturday in a critical ASUN match.
With the victories, Lipscomb has reeled off five wins in six games after starting the season 1-7. They placed the Bisons at the top of the ASUN table all alone with 12 points and one conference contest to play.
However, before they get to that deciding match, they must first tame the Tigers.
- Lipscomb and Memphis have met eight previous times with the Tigers holding a 6-2 advantage in the series.
- The Bisons got a goal in the first half and then added a pair in the second half to beat the Tigers 3-1 last season in Memphis.
- Lipscomb’s only home win in the series came in 2014. In one of the most dramatic matches ever at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex, the Bisons overcame a two-goal, first-half deficit to win 4-3.
- The Tigers bring to Music City a 6-4-4 overall record and a 2-2-1 mark in the American Athletic Conference.
- They are coming off a 1-0 win on the road at Tulsa on Friday. It is the only victory for Memphis in its last five matches.
- Three players lead the team with three goals each.
- Peyton McKnatt tops the Tigers with eight points (3g, 2a), while Chris Mikus is behind with seven (3g, 1a) and David Zalzman with six (3g).
- In total, eight different player have scored a goal and eight have an assist for Memphis.
- Alexandros Ierides has recorded three of the team’s 12 assists.
- Parker Lackland and Tyler Hofmann have split time in net with the former making four starts and the latter making 10.
- Hofmann is 4-2-3 between the pipes with 38 saves, a 0.89 goals allowed average and three clean sheets. He has allowed just nine goals in 905:11 minutes of action.
- The Tigers are averaging 13.38 shots, 1.08 goals, 0.85 assists, and 4.77 corner kicks per game. They are limiting opponents to 13.7 shots and 1.14 goals per outing.
- The Bisons have won five of their last six matches, including two straight at home.
- For the season, Lipscomb is 3-4 at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
- The Bisons lead the ASUN with 87 corner kicks. Stetson is second with 74.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the league in goals scored (23) and assists (20). In ASUN play, they have scored 12 times (2nd) and totaled 11 helpers (1st).
- They rank third overall in shots (172), shots per game (12.3), shots on goal (80), and SOG percentage (.465).
- The 6.54 corner kicks per game are the 10th most in the nation.
- Logan Paynter has caught fire of late, scoring in three straight matches. He now leads the team with six goals and 15 total points on the season.
- Paynter has totaled three points in back-to-back matches with a goal and an assist against #10 Louisville and NJIT on the road. His 38 shots are the fourth most in the league.
- Ryan Birchfield is second on the team with four scores and 10 points.
- John Wynia moved into a tie for fourth in the ASUN with a team high four assists on the year after dishing a helper on Paynter’s score against the Highlanders on Saturday.
- 10 players have scored a goal for the Bisons this season, while 12 have been credited with an assist. Six of those 12 have multiple helpers.
- The Bisons 1.64 goals per game are the third most in the league.
- Keeper Chris Zappia is second in the ASUN in save percentage (.722), fourth in goals against (15) and GAA (1.50) and fifth in total saves (39).
Lipscomb wraps its ASUN schedule with an all-important weekend match against Stetson. The Hatters will visit Nashville Saturday at 7 p.m. for the regular season finale and senior night for the Bisons. A win could earn Lipscomb an ASUN Championship, depending on other results around the league.