|September 07, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||25:35||DOUGHERTY, Ryan (LEIJA, Javier )|
|LIP||51:34||GULDEN, Noah (LEIJA, Javier )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||ETSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||17 (8)||4 (2)|
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Lipscomb men’s soccer team earned their first win of the regular season on Saturday afternoon as the Bisons dominated ETSU 3-0 at Summers-Taylor Stadium.
The scoring started off in the 26th minute as sophomore Ryan Dougherty notched his first goal of the season almost immediately after checking into the match.
Dougherty was set up by junior Javier Leija for the score, putting Lipscomb ahead 1-0 early.
Goal number two came 11 minutes later as captain Ben Locke put one away from the penalty spot to give Lipscomb a 2-0 advantage. It was his first goal of the regular season.
Noah Gulden finished off the Bucs with his 52nd minute score, his first of the year. Once again, the goal was set up by Leija giving him a two-assist night.
The Bisons were dominant from the start, out-shooting ETSU 17-4 with an 8-2 shots-on-goal advantage.
Freshman Michael Sibley made his first regular season appearance with the start in goal. He notched two saves on the Bucs only two shots on goal.
- Lipscomb is now 3-7-1 all time vs ETSU. This was their first win since 2011.
- Sibley, senior Daiel Muhlbauer, and sophomores Noah and Scott Gulden went the full 90 minutes for Lipscomb.
- Junior Jake Zec made his first start of the season. Redshirt-freshman Thomas Priest and freshman Killian Byrne made their first appearances of the season.
- Zec led Lipscomb with three shots and two shots on goal.
- Five yellow cards were handed out, four of which went to Lipscomb players: Muhlbauer, Roy Henderson, Ruben Pedersen, and Malik Shaheed.
- The Bisons earned six corners to ETSU’s two.
- Lipscomb was whistled for 15 fouls and the Bucs were called for13.
NEXT: The Bisons will make their regular season home debut on Tuesday as they take on Evansville. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.