|September 10, 2019||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||Final|
|LIP||37:46||WOOD, Hayes (LOPEZ, Alejandro , GULDEN, Noah)|
|Stats at a Glance||EVA||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||25 (7)||17 (5)|
Men's soccer to make home debut against Evansville
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb men’s soccer team is making their regular season home debut on Tuesday night as the Bisons are set to face off with Evansville.
Kick off is set for 7 p.m. at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
SCOUTING THE ACES:
- Evansville enters the matchup 1-2 on the season with a win vs Eastern Illinois and losses at Butler and SIUE.
- Lipscomb and Evansville have met 10 previous times, with the all-time series tied at 4-4-2. Last season, the Bisons fell 1-0 on the road.
- In 2018, the Aces went 4-8-7 and bowed out in the Missouri Valley Championship game to Missouri State.
- Evansville has had a balanced attack so far this season, with all six of their goals coming from different players.
- Senior Jesse Stafford-Lacey was the only member of the Aces to be named to the Preseason All-MVC Team. Evansville was picked to finish fifth in the conference.
- Lipscomb earned their first win of the season over the weekend in a dominating 3-0 shutout at ETSU. Sophomores Ryan Dougherty and Noah Gulden and junior Ben Locke were the scorers in the victory.
- Golden was named the ASUN Defensive Player of the Week for his performance after scoring his first-career goal and helping lead a stingy Bisons defense.
- Lipscomb started off the season with a pair of losses on the road, falling 3-0 at SMU and 3-1 at Tulsa. Malike Shaheed scored the Bisons lone goal in the loss to Tulsa.
- In the preseason, they went 0-1-1, losing at No. 14 Louisville 2-1 and tying Cincinnati at home 1-1.
- The Bisons were tabbed as the preseason ASUN favorites in the conference coaches poll. They earned 47 points and six of the seven first-place votes.
- Seniors Austin Eager and John Wynia, junior Ben Locke, and sophomore Noah Gulden were selected to the Preseason All-Conference Team.
- For the first time in program history, Lipscomb entered the season receiving votes in the United Soccer Coaches Preseason Poll. They finished last season ranked in the top-25 of three different polls after making a run to the NCAA Sweet 16.
- The Purple and Gold, coming off two consecutive ASUN titles and NCAA Tournament appearances, return 14 letter winners from last season.