|September 13, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|USF||35:06||Rosales, Jonathan (Flanagan, Avionne )|
|USF||54:34||Ycaza, Emilio (Rudderham, Steven )|
|USF||54:59||Ycaza, Emilio (Jackson, Trey )|
|Stats at a Glance||USF||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||11 (6)||12 (4)|
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb men’s soccer team fell in a hard-fought battle against South Florida on Saturday night 3-1 at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
After a tight, scoreless first 35 minutes, the Bulls (3-1) notched their first goal after Jonathan Rosales slotted in a pass from Avionne Flanagan.
The two squads battled for the remaining 10 minutes of the first half, with USF taking a 1-0 lead into halftime.
The Bulls struck quick in the second half, scoring back-to-back goals in the 55th and 56th minute. Both goals came from Emilio Ycaza, pushing the USF lead out to 3-0.
Killian Byrne gave the Bisons (1-3-1) a jolt of energy off the bench in the second half. The freshman scored a screamer for the first goal of his career, cutting the Bisons deficit to 3-1.
The Purple and Gold were unable to secure another goal, cutting short their comeback attempt.
- Lipscomb is now 0-2 all time vs USF.
- Freshman goalkeeper Michael Sibley, seniors Daiel Muhlbauer and Austin Eager, junior Ben Locke, and sophomores Noah and Scott Gulden went the full 90 minutes for Lipscomb.
- Locke led Lipscomb with four shots, while junior Jake Zec and sophomore Louis Robinson each added two.
- Three yellow cards were handed out, with one going to the Bisons for freshman Honore Kalala.
- USF earned six corners to Lipscomb’s three.
- Lipscomb was whistled for 16 fouls and the Bulls were called for 15.
NEXT: The Bisons will be back in action on Sept. 17 for their conference opener. They will be taking on Jacksonville at 7 p.m. at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.