|October 22, 2019||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||Final|
|LIP||9:29||GULDEN, Noah (SHAHEED, Malik )|
|UAB||73:31||WALLACE, Kevin (RICHARDSON, Sumner )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UAB|
|Shots (on Goal)||10 (5)||12 (5)|
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Lipscomb men’s soccer team played their final non-conference match of the regular season slate on Tuesday night, battling to a 1-1 double overtime draw with UAB on the road.
The Bisons jumped on the board first, notching the game’s first goal in the 10th minute of play. Sophomore Noah Gulden earned his second goal of the season, placing the ball in the top left corner on a give-and-go with redshirt-sophomore Malik Shaheed.
Following a scoreless 65-minute middle section of the action, UAB found an equalizer in the 85th minute as Kevin Wallace knocked in a header off the corner from Sumner Richardson.
In overtime, the exhaustion for the two teams showed as Lipscomb attempted zero shots and the Blazers took just two.
Neither team was able to find the game-winner, and they settled for the 1-1 tie after 110 minutes of play.
Redshirt-junior Luke Wilson again made the start in goal, notching a season-high four saves to move his season total to 11 in four appearances.
Lipscomb is now 3-8-2 on the year, while UAB is 3-9-2.
- Wilson, sophomore Noah Gulden, and freshman Honore Kalala went the full 110 minutes for the Bisons.
- Shaheed’s assist was his first on the season.
- Shaheed is now tied with sophomore Louis Robinson for the team lead with seven points.
- The Blazers out-shot the Bisons 12-10, with each team taking five shots on goal.
- Shaheed and senior John Wynia tied for the team lead with two shots.
- UAB earned nine corners to Lipscomb’s six.
NEXT: Lipscomb will return to the pitch on Saturday back in Nashville for a 7 p.m. outing against North Florida. It will be Senior Night for the graduating Bisons at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.