|November 02, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||23:43||PEDERSEN, Ruben (SHAHEED, Malik , GULDEN, Noah)|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||LIB|
|Shots (on Goal)||20 (9)||7 (1)|
Men's soccer to close out regular season at Liberty
LYNCHBURG, Va. - The Lipscomb men’s soccer team will be closing out the regular season on Saturday as they travel to Virginia to take on Liberty.
Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. against the Flames at Osborne Stadium.
SCOUTING THE FLAMES:
- Liberty enters the match 5-11 on the season with a 1-4 conference record. Last Saturday, they won at Jacksonville 1-0 in their last outing.
- These two programs met for the first time last season, with Lipscomb winning 3-1 in Nashville. Daniel Muhlbauer scored and assisted in the win.
- Seth Clark leads the team with three assists and five points.
- Three players are tied for the team lead with two goals: Musa Morris, Tyler Welch, and Shane Geisler.
- Lipscomb enters the match at 4-8-2 with a 2-3 ASUN record. Last Saturday, the Bisons defeated UNF 1-0 on Senior Night. Ben Locke scored the game’s only goal on a penalty kick.
- Freshman Ruben Pedersen and redshirt-junior Malik Shaheed lead the team with three goals each.
- Sophomore Louis Robinson tops the team in points with seven and assists with three. He had scored a point in five consecutive matches prior to the UAB draw. Shaheed is also tied with Robinson with seven total points.
- 14 different Bisons have logged a point on the season.
- The Bisons earned their first win of the season in a dominating 3-0 shutout at ETSU on Sept. 7. Sophomore Noah Golden was named the ASUN Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in the win after scoring his first-career goal and helping lead a stingy Bisons defense.
- Three Bisons have split time in goal this season: redshirt-freshman Alex Brown has seven appearances and 18 saves, freshman Michael Sibley has four appearances and 12 saves, and redshirt-junior Luke Wilson has five appearances and 16 saves.
- Seniors Austin Eager and John Wynia, junior Ben Locke, and sophomore Noah Gulden were selected to the Preseason All-Conference Team.
- For the first time in program history, Lipscomb entered the season receiving votes in the United Soccer Coaches Preseason Poll. They finished last season ranked in the top-25 of three different polls after making a run to the NCAA Sweet 16.