|November 08, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|STE||48:13||Degance, Chris (Scattergood, Lewis )|
|LIP||58:17||WYNIA, John (LEIJA, Javier )|
|STE||89:57||Chalbaud, Sebastian (Busmann, Finn , Suaut, William)|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||STE|
|Shots (on Goal)||17 (7)||8 (3)|
NEWARK, N.J. - The Lipscomb men’s soccer team is set to start ASUN Tournament play on Friday night as the Bisons will face off with Stetson.
The No. 5-seed Bisons and No.4-seed Hatters will kick off at 6 p.m. at Lubetkin Field at Mal Simon Stadium in Newark, N.J., home to top-seeded NJIT.
SCOUTING THE HATTERS:
- The Hatters are 7-9-2 on the season, including a 3-2-1 record in conference play, but carry a four-game losing streak into the ASUN Tournament.
- This will be the 20th-ever matchup between the two programs. Stetson holds a 10-7-2 advantage in the all-time series, including a 3-1 win in DeLand, Florida earlier this season. However, the Bisons prevailed 2-0 in 2018’s ASUN Final against the Hatters.
- Senior Ian McCauley was named the ASUN’s Defensive Player of the Year and was unanimously voted onto the All-Conference First Team.
- Midfielder Sebastian Chaulbaud joined McCauley on the First Team, while defender Gabriel Diniz made the Second Team.
- The Bisons enter the tournament as the two-time defending ASUN champs, winning as the 6-seed in 2017 and the 1-seed in 2018. They are unbeaten in their past five ASUN Tournament matches.
- Lipscomb enters the match at 5-8-2 with a 3-3 ASUN record in ASUN play. The Bisons won their last two regular season outings: 1-0 vs North Florida and 1-0 at Liberty.
- Five Bisons were honored at the ASUN awards banquet: Ben Locke and Noah Gulden were named First-Team All-Conference, Austin Eager was voted Second-Team All-Conference, Ruben Pedersen was named to the All-Freshman Team, and Locke, Gulden, Eager, and Daniel Muhlbauer earned All-Academic honors.
- Pedersen leads the Bisons with four goals, while Pedersen and redshirt-junior Malik Shaheed are tied for the team lead with eight points. Pedersen also tops the team with 29 shots and 14 shots on goal.
- 14 different Bisons have logged a point on the season.
- Three Bisons have split time in goal this season: redshirt-freshman Alex Brown has seven appearances and 18 saves, freshman Michael Sibley has five appearances and 13 saves, and redshirt-junior Luke Wilson has five appearances and 16 saves.
- For the first time in program history, Lipscomb entered the season receiving votes in the United Soccer Coaches Preseason Poll. They finished last season ranked in the top-25 of three different polls after making a run to the NCAA Sweet 16.